Although most pharmacy technicians receive informal on-the-job training, employers surely favor those who have completed formal training and have been certificated. Formal pharmacy technician education programs require some classroom and laboratory work in a variety of areas, including medical and pharmaceutical terminology, koop xanax eu, pharmacy recordkeeping, pharmaceutical techniques, and pharmacy law and ethics. Technicians also are required to learn medication names, actions, uses, and doses. Many training programs include internships, in which students gain hands-on experience in actual pharmacies.
How to be a good pharmacy Technician? What kind of criteria do one need to be a good pharmacy technician?
1. Prospective pharmacy technicians gain their working experience as an aide in a community pharmacy or volunteering in a hospital before the actual employment. Applicants with mass experience managing medicine inventories, counting tablets, measuring dosages, and using computers as much as skillful in most of the clerical work is definitely an added bonus
2. To learn and grasp the knowledge of pharmacy technician’s fast, a background in chemistry, English, Biology, Chemistry and Health education of any type may be beneficial.
3. Gain the certification and other qualifications. Both the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board and the Institute for the Certification of Pharmacy Technicians, administer national certification examinations. To be eligible for either exam, candidates must have a high school diploma or GED, no felony convictions of any kind within 3-5 years of applying, and no drug or pharmacy related felony convictions history before. Employers, often pharmacists, know that individuals who pass the exam have a standardized body of knowledge and skills.
4. One should get recertified every 2 years with 20 hours of continuing education within the 2-year certification period and at least 1 hour must be in pharmacy law. Continuing education hours can be earned from several different sources, including colleges, pharmacy associations, and pharmacy technician training programs.
5. Strong customer service and teamwork skills are needed because pharmacy technicians interact with patients, coworkers, and health care professionals 98% of their time
6. One need to have good skills and strong background in Mathematics, Spelling, and Reading as the pre-requisite to be a good pharmacy technicians. Successful pharmacy technicians are alert, observant, organized, dedicated, and responsible. They should be willing and able to take directions, but be able to work independently without supervisory and constant instructions.
7. Someone whom are familiar with medical terminology and well aware of all the medications, pills, injection fluids which are in the pharmacy in their scientific terms as well as more layman names.
8. Good interpersonal skills to deal with a wide variety of individuals in a team. He should be a team player, and mix along well with the rest of the team mates.
9. He needs to be someone who is adaptable to performing multiple tasks. He need to be capable to handle all kinds of instructions given by the pharmacists at any one time. He needs to be computer savvy as well to utilize the best of computer to complete his tasks accurately and in the shortest time.